Montag, 3. November 2008

A few final words on The Run

Running the New York City Marathon was a great experience. A perfect organization, a frenetic crowd of spectaculars, good weather and a perfect race from myself made this run an unforgettable event. I don't know yet whether this will be the first and also the last marathon of my life, but for sure I know that I will never have a better one.

At this point I want to thank all people who explicitly or implicitly contributed to my successful participation in the New York City marathon. That is first my friend Andreas, whose stories about his marathon experience raised my motivation to take this challenge as well. Thanks goes to Ariel, who joined me for my trip to New York and who was one of the million people in the street cheering for all runners. Thanks goes to Kelly, Yen Dhe, Michael and Andreas who at least once trained with me. Special thanks goes to the little black boy in Queens, whose salt pretzels prevented me from starving. Finally, I thank my parents for their financial support and my whole family for their unconditional support through my whole life.

All race results can be found here http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/results/index.php

It is now Monday evening. Another day in New York City passed by. Despite hurting legs, me and my friend went to the Abercrombie & Fitch store on the 5th Avenue and to the financial district. My legs still hurt, now it is time to check the race schedule for next year...

Keine Kommentare: