Samstag, 1. November 2008

The day before the day

We started the last day before the marathon with a good breakfast in 45th Street close to our hotel. In the morning we went to the Apple Store at Central Park South (I had to convince my friend to buy an ipod). We skipped the visit of the Abercrombie & Fitch for the moment since there was a long queue in front of the entrance despite the economic crisis. Afterwards I did my final training for the marathon and ran up Madison Avenue and through the park to 90th Street near the Guggenheim Museum.

In the evening we joined the Barilla Pasta Dinner for marathon runners and friends. Although a three block long waiting line suggested a long evening, we got quickly in and got some good pasta and drinks.



Tomorrow is the big day. After more than 1500km of training in and around Rotterdam, from Moscow to San Francisco and around my hometown in beautiful Bavaria, I will start at 10:20AM for the ING New York City Marathon 2008. The medical check was fine, I feel good and healthy although I did not completely follow my tuff training schedule in the end. Nevertheless I am optimistic to make it in four hours!

Keine Kommentare: